Alauzon is a unique venue, both surrounded by forestry land and located within the Parc Naturel Régional des Baronnies Provençales. This is a place where you can immerse yourself in nature. The closest road is over 1km away, giving our secluded valley a feeling of being in a lost world. Situated at 800m altitude, we get plenty of sun, but without the blistering heat making Alauzon a great place to stay all year-around.
About our guesthouses
Alauzon consists of five independent properties to accommodate up to 33 people. Ideal for family reunions, group holidays, weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, conferences and training camps- whatever the reason, if you need group accommodation, Alauzon will make your event unforgettable. We are open year-round and there is a good reason to visit at any time of the year.
- A fabulous natural swimming pool – renovated in 2019 with a covered bar area and sunken firepit.
- Large wood-fired hot tub open year-round (reservation required, additional fee of 100€/night)
- Mountain bike hire on-site
- Large playground
- Orienteering course and hiking/biking trails from your doorstep
- Shaded outdoor eating and BBQ area
- Large indoor dining/function room
Individual properties are only available separately off-peak. You’ll find the description and rates for each property below.
There are no hidden fees. We like to keep things simple and make your holiday planning easy so our price is all inclusive. No surprise sheet rental or tourist tax. Any supplements such as the hot tub, catering or bike rental will be clearly stated.
For more information, to check availability or to ask for a quote email us at email@example.com. Don’t forget to include the dates you’d like and how many of you there will be.
- Weekend rates (not available July & August)
- Jan-Apr, Nov-Dec: 1500€
- May-Jun, Sep-Oct: 2000€
- Bank holidays: 2500-3000€
- Weekly rates
- July & August (Sun to Sun) : 4000€
- Sep-Jun (Sat to Sat): 3000€
- Sep-Jun (Sun to Sun): 2500€
- Mid-week rates (Sun to Thu)
- 1000€ / 1 night
- 625€/night for 2+ nights
*The Cabin in the Woods is closed from October to May.
The Grenier is our largest guesthouse with three bedrooms, 2 shower rooms, 3 WC and 50m2 dining/living room with large kitchen. Other amenities include WIFI, central heating and a large outdoor bbq and shaded dining area. For a bit more space and privacy, consider also renting The Studio next door.
- Sleeps up to 11:
- Grenier (West) : 5 beds
- Grenier (central): 3 beds
- Grenier (East): 3 beds
- Grenier + Studio: 15 people
- Weekly rate: 1500€
- Nighly rates from 325 - 550€
The Grenier + Studio
- Weekly rate: 2000€
- Nightly rates from 400-600€/night
The Grenier and Studio are available during the week from September to June and weekly or on weekends from November to March.
The Bergerie and The Poterie
The Bergerie is an independent, three bedroom guest house. The Poterie is adjacent to the Bergerie and was renovated in 2018. Most clients book the two properties together. Both guesthouses use a wood-burning stove for heating in winter, we'll provide the wood. There is a shaded outdoor seating area and BBQ.
La Bergerie: 7/9 people
- Bedroom 1: one double bed or two single beds
- Bedroom 2: two single beds
- Bedroom 3: three single beds
- Double sofa-bed in lounge
La Poterie: 3/5 people
The Poterie is located right next to the Bergerie and is accessed by the exterior.
- King sized bed in mezzanine with additional single bed
- Double sofa bed in living room
Bergerie + Poterie rates:
- Weekly rate: 1.500€/week
- Nightly rate: 300-500€/night
Bergerie only rates
- Weekly rate: 1.250€
- Nightly rate: 250-400€/night
- Sleeps 4 : one double bed in the mezzanine, one double sofa bed
- Well-equipped kitchenette (two hob stove, oven, microwave oven, refrigerator, electric kettle, coffee machine, toaster)
- En-suite bathroom (shower, toilet & sink)
- Internet access (WIFI/LAN)
- Weekly rate: 350€
- Nightly rates: 50-75€/night
The Cabin in the Woods
The cabin is situated in a clearing on the edge of the woods about 300 metres from the main buildings at Alauzon. There is no WIFI or mobile phone reception at the cabin - but these can be accessed via the main building… if desired.
Ideal for those wanting unbroken tranquillity, yet only a short stroll from all our facilities. Renovated in 2016, the cabin comprises of a living area with a dining table, sofa, kitchen, and 4 beds on the mezzanine level. The kitchen has a double gas burner and a vintage wood-burning stove that both heats the building and cooks meals. There are two compact fridge-freezers.
The bathroom is in an adjacent building, with a shower room and WC.
In front of the cabin is an east-facing timber terrace with table, chairs and parasol.
Access to the cabin is possible either via the main property, or for those with 4x4 vehicles, via a breathtaking drive up the gorge.
The Cabin is open from April to November.
The Cabin in the Woods
- Weekly rate: 350€
- Nightly rate: From 40-60€/night
The Cabin in the Woods is closed from November to April.