About our home
Originally a shepherd's hut in the hills, the area now known as Alauzon consists of a collection of buildings ranging from converted farm buildings to contemporary-styled properties.
The setting is a magnificent hill-top area surrounded by meadows, streams, and protected forests. Though only fifteen minutes' drive from Buis-les-Baronnies, Alauzon feels as though it is a world unto itself and it's unusual to hear anything more than the wind or the birds.
Situated at 800m altitude, we get plenty of sun, but without the blistering heat making Alauzon a great place to stay all year-around. The surrounding hills protect us from the mistral winds. Alauzon is a fantastic place to be and, when you visit, you will quickly appreciate why.
About our rental properties
Alauzon consists of four rental properties available to rent throughout the year.
Ideal for family reunions, group holidays, weddings/anniversaries, birthdays, conferences and seminars- whatever the reason, if you need group accommodation, Alauzon will make the event unforgettable.
- Sleeps 30:
- Bunkhouse- 13
- Studio- 4
- Bergerie - 9
- Cabin*- 4
- Large professional kitchen and function room
- Beautiful pool
- Free internet (WIFI and LAN)
- Outside kitchen and seating area
- 13 hectares of land in a secluded valley surrounded by forestry land
*The Cabin is 400m from the main property.
- Weekly rate : 3000€
- 16% reduction off peak: 2500€ / week
- Daily rate (min 2 nights): 750€ / night
- Cleaning fee (required): 250€
- Sleeps 4 : one double bed in the mezzanine, one double sofa bed
- Well-equipped kitchenette (two hob stove, oven, microwave oven, refrigerator, electric kettle, coffee machine, toaster)
- En-suite bathroom (shower, toilet & sink)
- WIFI and LAN internet (WIFI can be switched off if required)
- Weekly rate: 350€
- 15% reduction off peak: 300€ / week
- Weekday daily rate: 50€ / night
- Weekend (Friday/Saturday) daily rate: 60€ / night
Peak season is July and August. Daily rates are usually not available during this period.
- Sleeps up to 13:
- Private room: 2 single beds, 1 double bed
- Main room: 7 single beds + 2 pull out beds
- Bathroom (shower, small bathtub, sink)
- Centrally heated during the winter
- Includes access to professional kitchen and dining / function room
- Free internet access (dining/function room)
- Panoramic views from all rooms
- Weekly rate: 1000€
- 25% reduction off peak*: 750€ / week
- Weekday daily rate: 125€ / night
- Weekend (Fri/Sat) daily rate: 150€ / night
*Peak season is July and August. Daily rates are usually not available during this period.
The Bergerie is an independent, three bedroom gite situated about 50m from the main building.
- Sleeps up to 9
- Bedroom 1: one double bed
- Bedroom 2: two single beds
- Bedroom 3: three single beds
- Well-equipped kitchen (gas oven/cooker, fridge/freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle, toaster)
- Bathroom (Shower, toilet and sink)
- Beautiful and efficient wood-burning stove for heating in winter
- Free WIFI and LAN Internet (WIFI can be switched off if required)
- Panoramic views down the valley towards the west- perfect for watching sunsets!
- Weekly rate: 700€
- 15% reduction off peak: 600€ / week
- Weekday daily rate: 100€ / night
- Weekend (Fri/Sat) daily rate: 150€ / night
Minimum stay 2 nights. Peak season is July and August. Daily rates are usually not available at this time.
The Cabin in the Woods
The cabin is situated in a clearing on the edge of the woods just four hundred metres from the main buildings at Alauzon. The building is off-grid with electrical power provided by an array of solar panels and two large batteries with an inverter that allows up to 600 Amps at 220V. There is no WIFI or mobile phone reception at the cabin - but these can be accessed via the main building… if desired.
Ideal for those wanting unbroken tranquillity, yet only a short stroll from all our facilities. Renovated in 2016, the cabin comprises of a living area with a dining table, sofa, kitchen, and beds for four on the mezzanine level. The kitchen has a double gas burner and a vintage wood-burning stove that both heats the building and cooks meals. There is a compact fridge-freezer powered by the solar panels.
The bathroom is in an adjacent building, with a shower room and WC.
In front of the cabin is an east-facing timber terrace with table, chairs and parasol.
Access to the cabin is possible either via the main property, or for those with 4x4 vehicles, via a breathtaking drive up the gorge.
We provide a gas bottle for the water heater and a supply of wood, though some chopping may be required (axe provided).
- Weekly rate: 500€
- 30% reduction off peak*: 350€ / week
- Daily rate (min. 2 nights): 75€ / night*
*Peak season is July and August. Daily rates are usually not available at this time.